Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Going backward to go forward

Back to this, one of the impulsive doodles that started me on the LIFE, STILL journey in 2006.
That led to this a  year or so later.  Perhaps the balloons should say, "HI MOM MY EYES ARE CLOSED, BUT I CAN SEE THAT  YOUR ARM IS FROZEN AT A WEIRD ANGLE, AND YET IT'S IS TOUCHING MY STOMACH.", "HI, CHRISTINE, I HAVE TO TOUCH YOUR STOMACH, BECAUSE, AS YOU CAN SEE, I HAVE NO EYES.  ALSO NO RIGHT ARM."

Some months after that, a redraw to prepare for an ink drawing.  "HI, MOM, HAVE YOU BEEN LIFTING WEIGHTS?  YOUR SHOULDERS SEEM LARGE, AND YOUR HEAD HAS GOTTEN SMALLER."  "HI CHRISTINE, ARE YOU STANDING ON A STOOL?"

"Hi MOM, YOU REMIND ME OF BABAR WITH A SHRUNKEN HEAD ON HIS NOGGIN""HI CHRISITINE, YOU LOOK LIKE YOU'RE TRYING TO BE A SUBURBANITE."

Today. 

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you meant to give me a huge laugh, but you did and I thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent--I did want to make you laugh.

    ReplyDelete